Saturday, April 17, 2004

108 days of 2004 down . . .

It's been a great year for new music so far, but I keep listening to the oldies, so my current faves likely aren't that up to date with what's coming out. I still have loads of stuff that I want to listen to, but right now, it just makes more sense (to me, at least) to listen to stuff I've bought vs. MP3s. However, Arthur Russell, DJ Signify, Wiley, Superpitcher and Nellie Mckay are at the top of my list of downloaded albums to listen to, so you may see some of them pop up on future lists.

Favourite albums (alphabetical order)
Air - Talkie Walkie
Amp Fiddler - Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
Blockhead - Music By Cavelight
Lali Puna - Faking The Books
Lambchop - Aw C'mon
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Erlend Øye - DJ Kicks
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
Telefon Tel Aviv - Map of What Is Effortless
Kanye West - College Dropout

I'd list favourite songs, but I'll likely make CD mixes of my favourites throughout the year, and that's a great way of showing what songs I'm really digging at the time.

posted by Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home