Sunday, September 28, 2003

I created a mix CD with some of my favourite songs of the year. The tracklisting is as follows:

1. Kardinal Offishall w/ Neptunes - Belly Dancer
2. Outkast - Hey Ya!
3. Buck 65 - Wicked and Weird
4. LFO - Freak
5. Blu Cantrell feat. Sean Paul - Breathe
6. Kylie Minogue - Slow
7. DJ Shadow feat Roots Manuva - GDMFSOB (UNKLE mix)
8. Missy Elliott - Pass That Dutch
9. Electric Six - Gay Bar
10. P. Diddy feat. Kelis - Let's Get Ill
11. R. Kelly - Ignition (remix)
12. Beyonce feat. Jay-Z - Crazy in Love
13. REM - Bad Day
14. Mad Anju - Cellular Minutes
15. Blaque with Missy Elliott - Ugly
16. Ludacris feat. Shawnna - Stand Up
17. Ryan Adams - So Alive
18. The Flirtations - Nothing But A Heartache
19. Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love
20. 50 Cent and Beyonce - In Da Club (Matt Steele mix)

A couple of things to say about the mix. First off, The Flirtations song at number 18 is a classic northern soul song that I only heard about this year (plus, all compilations should have one classic song along with all of the current tracks) and I'm not totally sure when the Mad Anju track came out. The more I listen to the comp, though, the more I'm thinking that the Mad Anju is going to be one of my top 10 favourite songs of the year. Classic reggae dance track wherein our hero complains about the cost of cellular minutes. heh.
Also, the more I listen to the 50 Cent/Beyonce version of In Da Club, the more I think it's far superior to the original version. Having her on the track just takes it to another level. Of all the songs on here, the only one I find myself getting a little bored of is "Where is the Love?," but that's likely cause it's on the radio EVERY 10 MINUTES! I still think it's a great single for the year.

A new compilation is in the works this weekend, and when done, I'll post the listing. I'd say that one, along with a different comp I made earlier this year, will contain all of my favourite tracks of the year.

posted by Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home